This summer vegetable soup is a really light delicious gluten free vegan soup that can be made with any seasonal vegetables. Vegetarian summer soups can be a lovely light meal and the recipe for soup can be easily adapted to seasonal produce and your cupboard contents. Try grated courgette in place of celery.
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 large leek
1 small onion
1 stick celery
1 medium carrot
150 g frozen peas
75 g frozen edamame beans
2 tsp gfv stock powder
500 ml hot water (or more as required)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Warm the vegetable oil in a large pan
2. Clean and slice the leek and add to the pan. Stir well
3. Skin and chop the onion, celery, and carrot add to the pan and cook gently for 4-5 mins
4. Add the stock powder and then hot water to the pan and stir well.
5. Add the frozen peas and edamame beans and simmer very gently for 10 mins. Season well and serve.