Creamed leeks go really well with bakes and roasts. Try chestnut and lentil bake or lentil and pumpkin seed roast. They are filling and delicious. You could make a more substantial meal by adding butter beans and topping with polenta flour (for a crispy topping).
1 tbs gfv margarine
2 large leeks, washed, and thinly sliced
1 large sprig of fresh thyme
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tbs cornflour
1 tsp tamari (or other gfv soya sauce)
1 tbs white wine vinegar
200 ml unsweetened soya milk (or other gfv milk)
0.5 tsp sea salt (fleur de sel is good)
0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Melt the margarine in a pan and gently fry the leeks and thyme for 5-10 minutes until softened
3. Add the mustard powder and cornflour and mix well. Stir on the heat for 1-2 mins.
4. Add the white wine vinegar to the leeks and mix well then add the tamari
5. Slowly add the soya milk a few tbs at a time until you have a smooth sauce. Add the salt and pepper
6. Pour in to a baking dish and bake for 20-30 mins until the top is lightly browned (you could add gfv breadcrumbs or polenta to the top of this to give it a crunchy topping).