Raw lemon cheesecake is a delicious vegan gluten free dessert and not at all difficult to make. The lemon flavour is so light and refreshing and the raw crust is crunchy and delicious. A fabulous vegetarian cake recipe – an easy recipe. Try it!
For the crust you will need
150 g whole almonds
100 g 3/4 cup dried dates, pitted and roughly chopped
30 g 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbs water (more or less as required)
For the filling you will need
225 g whole cashew nuts
60 ml fresh lemon juice
60 ml coconut oil
60 ml cup agave syrup
1. Soak the cashew nuts in cold water for 4 hours. Rinse and drain. Set aside
2. For the crust mix the whole almonds, dates and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and crumbly. The mixture should stick together when compressed. Add a tablespoon of water if it doesn’t stick and blend again. Repeat if necessary
3. Press the crust mixture into bottom and sides of a cake tin with removable bottom. Make sure it is evenly covered. Set aside
4. In the food processor mix the drained cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil and syrup and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture onto the crust. Spread evenly and smooth the top
5. Put the cheesecake in the freezer for 1-2 hours until firm. Cut into slices while still frozen.
6. The cheesecake should left in the fridge for 1 hour, or 20 mins on worktop, before serving
7. To serve top with fresh fruit (e.g. raspberries, blueberries etc.) or top with fresh fruit juice thickened with arrowroot poured on the top of the cheesecake and allowed to set.